Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 12 - January 15, 2014: Lentil Stew... or sandwiches

So, tonight I made this lentil stew, which is one of our favorites around here:
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/10/sausage-and-lentil-stew-slow-cooker.html

I put everything into the crock pot at 3 pm, and it's still cooking at 10 pm.  I don't know why.  I suspect it's because I didn't chop up the carrots as much as I normally do, or because I am using a different crock pot today, or because I set it the temperature to low instead of high, or because this new bag of lentils is bad, or because it was cold today, or because the sky is blue.  Really, any of those things could have done it, but it was very likely a combination of several of them.

Realizing that dinner was not going to ready before the kids' bedtime, I improvised.  I made sandwiches (their third sandwich of the day, poor kiddos) and fried up the last couple of noodles with some egg and s+p.  They also each got a string cheese and a fresh pear.  Dinner?  Done!  Sometimes, you gotta just roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment