Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 9 - January 9, 2014: Sausage, Kale, and Cranberry Pasta

Tonight's recipe came from Rachael Ray.  Here is the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sausage-kale-and-cranberry-pasta-recipe/index.html

I actually pretty much follow the recipe on this one, except for that I use less onion and more cranberry sauce.  I used to have to run the kale through the food processor, so my kids would eat this dish.  But now, even the 3-year-old is okay with leafy vegetables in his food most of the time, so I don't bother anymore.  Here is what I spent on these ingredients:


Pasta: $1.29
Whole berry cranberry sauce: $1.99
1 pound mixed Italian bulk sausage: $1.99
1/2 red onion: $0.50
3 garlic cloves: $0.10
1 bunch Kale: $0.99
Total: $6.86


Verdict:
Mmmmm-m-m, awesome!  Luckily, my husband loves this dish, so I can tell myself that I made it specially for him on the eve of his birthday.  Not for me at all.  I don't even like pasta, definitely not like this.  Now, after 2 1/2 (albeit small) helpings, is it wrong that I wanted to lick the bowl???

No comments:

Post a Comment