Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 19 - January 22, 2014: Takeout

Okay, I am going to admit that I got takeout last night.  I was on my way home around 6 pm, the kids were hungry, my husband was working late and I didn't feel like cooking.  Does that sound like a bad combination yet?  If not, it will once I admit to where I got "dinner" from.  Hardees.  Yup, you read that right.  We got some burgers and fries.  For dinner.  It tasted okay; not as special as I remembered it from craving it during a pregnancy 7 years ago, but okay.  We spent more than twice as much as we would have had we opted for a nutritious, home-cooked meal.  The only proud mommy moment in all this was that my 6-year-old had to explain to my 3-year-old what a drive-thru was, as he didn't remember the one or two other times he's ever been through one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment